Tuesday, April 22, 2008

New York! New York!




Well, I returned last Monday from a wonderful weekend in the Big Apple. Mason gave me this trip for Christmas and it was incredible. I flew in on Friday afternoon and arrived at Courtney's apartment in time to enjoy their balcony on the 45th floor- pretty amazing view! Courtney and I spent the night eating yummy Shrimp Po'Boys and catching up- it was great! We decided to take a walk and pop in to their local watering hole- Vince and Eddie's. Courtney and I planned to stay for one drink- but, the entertainment was too good to miss, so we stayed- much later than anticipated! But, it was a lot of fun to meet Anna, the bartender, John, the manager and get a little taste of Courtney's life!



Saturday, we got up and hit the ground running- we had some major shopping to do. Both Courtney and I have lost weight and used this trip as a time to reward ourselves with new clothes. We stayed in the "neighborhood" in the upper West side of Manhattan on Saturday and shopped for 7+ hours. Saturday night, Courtney treated me to a birthday dinner at Rain- an Asian Fusion restaurant- it was dynamic! We then decided to pop in again to Vince and Eddie's- this time for just a little while!



Sunday, we decided to do some more tourist things. We rode the subway to Grand Central station- which was beautiful, Times Square and the 9 floor Macy's! We even ate lunch in the basement of Macy's! We then hit the Subway again and headed to Canal Street- this is where you can purchase "designer" purses! It really is something everyone should do at some point in their life! I got myself a "Gucci" purse and some great I love New York t-shirts for Ellie, Mason, myself and the Nieces and Nephew. Sunday night- Chris treated us to a wonderful authentic Italian dinner at Celeste- it was amazing and worth standing in the chilly weather to wait for! Sadly, this was my last night in town and we headed home to pack and rest up for the day of travel I had ahead of me. I had a great time and look forward to going back for more girls weekends and maybe even one with the boys!

2 comments:

Ashley B said...

awesome--that is one place I have never been but would love to go-- looks like you had a great time

Courtney McDonald said...

It was such a fun weekend, George!!! Special memories for sure. We should start planning (and saving) for another weekend...maybe in 2009?!?