Monday, June 30, 2008

Updates....better late than never!

Well, I'm sorry I have been missing in Action! I want to start this post by recognizing Mason for Father's Day! While it was a few weeks ago- we had a great time celebrating and hopefully making Mason feel special! He is an incredible Dad, very involved, willing to do anything, and a wonderful partner for me in the adventure of parenthood! So, thanks Mason for being such a great Dad! We love you!

Next- I left on the evening of Father's Day to head to Salt Lake City, Utah for my new job! I had a great week- got to see Ian and Anthony and meet many new people! I unfortunately wasn't so great at taking pictures- maybe in July! But, I think I am going to LOVE my new job- so, that is very exciting!

Otherwise, the other big news at our house is that our little girl is growing up....she has given up her paci's! It's a little sad I'll admit, but nice too! On Saturday after fighting with me over being able to have her paci's in the family room I suggested we go give our paci's to the Alligator that lives down the hill from us. Ellie surprisingly agreed. So, we quickly dressed and headed to the pond- she said Bye paci to each one and threw them in the water! Here are some photos of her spending some last quality time with them, then throwing them in.....she had a good but sad day on Saturday that made my heart break! But, yesterday she did really well- so, I'm hoping we are moving on!

Sadly- I am continuing to get errors when I try to put photos on- check back for the photo part!

2 comments:

RLR said...

Hooray, Ellie! What a big step! Maggie isn't ready to give her paci up yet, but we have been limiting them to naps and bed time only (for over 6 months now....). I suggested to Joe that he could tackle the paci issue while I was in Cali, but not surprisingly he declined.

Glad your visit to SLC went well and that you are so excited about your new job!

Ashley B said...

Are thos good for the environment-- he he he-- good job Ellie