Monday, September 8, 2008

School, Disney, Dressing Up and Gator Football

I'm sorry I keep posting multiple activities but right now that is the best I can do! So, here we go!

Disney World- 9/1/08

We had heard that Labor Day was a great day to go to Disney because the crowds weren't bad. That was so true. We arrived early and got Ellie's hair cut- we loved the last one and the price isn't bad. Then we headed to ride the Pooh ride- Ellie's pick. As we got off the ride, we were greeted by some Disney cast members who gave us a FastPass to all the major rides at Disney- good for the day. This is the year of a million dreams- so, each day they try to make guests dreams come true! What an amazing thing. On a normal day, that could save your hours. Since the park wasn't too crowded, we truly never waited more than 15 minutes for any ride. It was great! We were able to go on more rides than we ever have in any one day including the car ride- Ellie was a crazy driver, but loved it. And because Ellie is so tall and we had a fastpass.....we took her on Splash Mountain. She loved it! In the picture that they take- Mason and I are holding on to her with dear life and she has a huge grin on her face- it was priceless. We were in the front row and definitely got a little wet- but, she's been talking about it ever since! We had a great day!






First Day of Preschool- 9/2/08

Since I am now working from home, we moved Ellie to a new school that offers part-time care. So, she now goes to preschool 5 mornings a week. So she was super excited about her first day and she looked so cute! I think one thing I am most excited about is being able to put her in cute clothes again. At her old school, she used to get so dirty and ruin everything she wore, so this is a nice change! She is doing great and learning a lot!


Dress Up- 9/4/08
Ellie and I are trying to get into a good routine with school in the morning and home in the afternoon. I still have to work so I am trying to find that right balance of work and play with her. She has done a pretty good job of entertaining herself when I am busy and this day she said- stay here, I am going to play dress up and I have a surprise for you. Well, a couple minutes later she came out of her room with this dress on, backwards. It was so funny. I had some music on and she came out dancing and shimmying....it was hilarious. The best part though was the dress on backwards. You can see, she was totally full of herself!




Florida vs. Miami- 9/6/08

Game day on campus is always exciting as you know. We started this evening game off with a cookout with some of Mason's students. Ellie always has fun getting lots of attention from the students and it is fun to hang out. We then headed over to our friends- Ryan and Christine's house. They too were having a cookout with some students. Some of the students decided to paint themselves blue and orange- it was awesome! But, it scared Ellie a little....you can see she wasn't too keen on getting her picture taken! Finally, Mason, Ellie, our friend Cliff and I headed over to watch the band. Ellie loved it! She almost fell asleep on Mason's shoulders on the way home!






6 comments:

Jules said...

oh yeah...Labor Day adn memorial Day...BEST times DEFINITELY to go!!! We always go that time during the yr...and at christmas. Can't be the no lines.

And how cool you got one of the "millions dreams" things...we have never gotten one before (and prob never could or coudn;t accept it if we did b/c stepmom works there) but I have seen them be delivered to people a few times.

Heather said...

You three are becoming Disney pros! How great that you were able to enjoy the park and do so many things. I can't wait until Anna is older and we can take her. I also love the blue students...before you know Ellie will be painting herself too. Hugs to everybody!

Ashley B said...

I love the backwards dress and dancing-- so cute!!!

RLR said...

Georgia - Love the updates whenever we can get them! I completely understand - especially since Maggie hasn't napped the last couple of days (ugh - she's not old enough to give up the nap)! The Dream Makers at Disney are awesome - we got to be small world cruise directors when we were there @ Thanksgiving. A good for a day fastpass - almost the best thing I could imagine!
I can't believe how tall Ellie has gotten - in the pix on the beach from your last post, she looks so grown up!
Wish you the best - especially with the work/mom balance. We are trying to adjust to the new schedule now that school has started and Jonah (also) thinks he doesn't need a nap. They take a nap/rest time in kindergarten here, so he's going to have a rude awakening next year....

Anonymous said...

Cheyenne was so excited this morning when I showed her these pics of Ellie. But now she is saying "I want to go and see her now!" :( She misses her so much. She even named one of her dolls Ellie. She is not the only one here who misses the Reuters!
I love the dress up pics. They made me laugh out loud. What a funny girl!

Christina

Lacey said...

Love the dress up clothes. Very cute. I guess I know where I should take the kids next Labor Day!