So, I would like to think I am a good Mom. I love Ellie, we do a lot of fun things together and usually get along well. But, I have not been big on art projects at home. I love that they do them at school, but I hate the mess. However, the other night my good friend Meggen and I went to Wal-Mart and the dollar store with NO kids! While there she convinced me to get Ellie some art stuff and let her go at it....so, slowly I have.
Today, was a big day- I let Ellie paint. We started with a brush, then used sponges and then as you can see- she was using her hands, face what have you. She had a ball! While it looks like she is naked under that apron- she has one of her favorite dresses from the summer on...it is still warm here but I think I am going to have to sneak the summer dresses out of her closet! She loves to wear a dress! I'm not sure where the girly girl came from!
As the title says.....Thank goodness the paint is washable as it went everywhere but did clean up nicely! We will definitely do this again! Mason's office is going to be FULL of Ellie art!
3 comments:
Oh, I can totally relate to the fear of at-home art projects! I am so glad that they paint at preschool! Just the other day, though, Maggie came home asking to paint. I didn't allow Jonah to paint at home until his teacher told me how neat and careful he was. I am completely unprepared to paint with unpredictable Maggie. Washable art supplies are SO worth the extra cost....
Glad you two had such fun!
RLR
She is always posing, look at that little leg up-- so cute- we keep the kids confined to the glass table with art projects, as soon as they get old enough that table is out-- it cleans up okay-- but definitely has some stains
Awe! Looks like a lot of fun!! You are a great mom! Love ya and miss ya!!
Your Va pal,
Christina
Post a Comment