Tuesday, December 9, 2008

Christmas Fun!!!

I have been a little behind on posting- I apologize! So, we have had a few fun things going on....

The hunt for our Christmas tree. We didn't get one last year since we were going to be gone for so long and so we were excited to take Ellie out on this special adventure. It's a little weird getting excited when it is warm out, but we managed to go to a couple places and find the right tree! Ellie had a lot of fun and especially enjoyed the candy cane she was given as we left!





Friday night was the Christmas Lights Festival at North Florida. North Florida is our hospital and they have this great pond, park, grass area right next to it. Each year they have a festival to turn on the lights for the season. We invited Ellie's BFF to join us for the night and met up with some other friends while there. The girls had a blast running around and seeing Rudolph, Frosty and the Grinch. The one sad part of the night was the hot chocolate- as we each got our cup of hot chocolate...Mason and I were saying- it's hot, it's hot. Ellie took a huge swig of it, promptly spit it out all over the table where they were serving it and starting crying- upon my own test I learned it wasn't hot, it was scalding....so sad. This is an event for families and I'm not sure why they had it so hot. Alex took a small sip and burned the tip of her tongue. We felt really bad about this!






As we left the festival and grabbed dinner the girls were excitedly talking about seeing Rudolph, Frosty and the Grinch....but, we didn't see Santa cause the line was too long. They have told everyone about it and I'm sure we sounded like mean parents - but really, the line was crazy!

We have a few other fun things coming up- a trip to Disney to see my freshman roommate and friend- Jen- check out her blog. A few fun parties and of course- Christmas! I'll try to be better about staying up to date throughout the rest of the holiday season!

1 comment:

Ashley B said...

Sounds like lots of fun even in warm weather :)